This webinar addressed the challenges and opportunities relevant to strengthening teacher evaluation systems for teachers of English language learners (ELLs). The discussion provided an overview of specific issues to consider when evaluating teachers of ELLs. Presenters discussed key challenges and opportunities in incorporating student data on ELLs in teacher evaluation systems and made recommendations for strengthening assessments and how they are utilized in these systems.
A distinguished group of presenters described the current work related to teacher evaluation systems for English language learners. Speakers included:
- Joanne Urrutia - Deputy Director, U.S. Department of Education, Office of English Language Acquisition
- Diane August - Managing Director, American Institutes for Research
- Susan O’Hara - Associate Professor and Executive Director of the Stanford
University Center to Support Excellence in Teaching
- Ann Jaquith - Senior Researcher, Stanford University Center to Support Excellence in Teaching
- Robert Linquanti - Senior Researcher, California Comprehensive Center, WestEd