Hollyhock Leading Fellows
The Hollyhock Leading Fellows’ Program (HLF) builds on the work of the Hollyhock Fellowship Program (HFP) by selecting a subset of graduating/graduated Hollyhock Fellows who are poised to make a significant difference within and beyond their own classrooms as leading teachers. The HLF program develops teachers’ ability to practice leadership within their school contexts with the goal of improving instruction and creating equitable opportunities for all learners. HLFs engage in a rigorous series of in-person and virtual learning sessions over the course of one year to:
- Engage others in professional learning focused on high-leverage, equitable teaching practices.
- Design learning experiences for adult learners that provide a supportive environment to try out and integrate new teaching practices.
- Center the human experience of all teachers and students with whom they work.
- Understand transformational learning in their contexts and make strategic choices to support it.
Hollyhock Leading Fellows Applications are now open! Click here to apply. Applications close at the end of the day on April 2, 2021.
Who Can Apply: Fellows who continue to hold a secondary teaching or instructional coach position at a Title I school (may be part-time) and have graduated or are graduating from the Hollyhock Fellowship Program at the end of the 2020-2021 school year can apply to be a Hollyhock Leading Fellow.
- HLF Virtual Session #1: May 27, 2021, 3:30-5:00pm PST
- HLF Virtual Session #2: June 23, 2021, 3:30-5:00pm PST
- HLF Virtual Summer Institute: July 6-9, July 12-16, 8am-2pm PST each day (this time period will include both synchronous and asynchronous work)